First of all, I have to say sorry (AGAIN) for my lack of uppdates during the last week.
I really am very, very busy and just can't manage to do a new post daily.
Today's post is mainly about food, everything else will follow.
(click to enlarge)
On Friday, I made vegan wraps for my mum and my best friend.
They are filled with "Arrabitom" spread from the ecostore- a paste with a spicy tomato taste, potato puree, broccoli, onions, herbs and spices.
If anyone wants the recipe, just tell me.
(I won't post longer recipes without request)
These are whole grain ginger cookies that I made for some friends on thursday.
They also have apple and chocolate bits inside.
A button I made today, as a little gift for a girl who bought some of my old clothes.
Hope she'll like it =)
Our newest vegan achievements (most of them are from "Vantastic foods"):
- Vlavorize Smoke Salt type "hickory", which gives your meals a nice smokey taste
- "no egg" egg replacement powder, one teaspoon replaces one whole egg
- An ayurvedic pancake baking mixture, which I already tried today- pictures & review tomorrow!
- Seitan fix, a premade mixture for making your own Seitan
- Vlavorize Kala Namak ("black salt"), which can be used for sweet foods such as smoothies or desserts as well as for savoury foods. It's also famous for giving a certain "egg-taste" to your meals, so you can use it for vegan scrambled eggs, for example.
- Soy medaillons and Soy cubes (e.g. for meat replacement)
This was today's dessert, made from banana, peanut mush, lemon, tofu, maple syrup and a tiny bit of cayenne pepper. It's topped with lemon zest, coconut flakes and goji berries.
Flo, my mum and her boyfriend really loved it. It's very addictive!
Again, if anyone wants the detailed recipe, just tell me =)
This is a gret idea I came across: Finally a way to prevent your recipe books from getting dirty! I wish I had thought about that earlier...
The cookbook is "La Veganista", a quite good one with cute paintings.
What I really like about it, apart from the nice pictures, is that it has many sites with basic vegan recipes on how to make Seitan and stuff.
Only thing to critisize is that the recipes are way too high in calories if you ask me =/
This is what happened to my avocado kernel meanwhile- tomorrow I'll finally put it in a flower pot.
I already did five more.
I hope this post leaves you a bit satisfied!
My boyfriend Flo is here and I totally have to cuddle with him a bit, although he's already sleeping- So I'm off now =)
Have a cozy evening eceryone!